New User? Sign Up / Forgot Your Password?
All Live
Projections
    All Live Projections

    GameChangers (05/14/14)

    John Ewing, Director of Research and Analytics, @johnewing
    By John Ewing
    A look at highlights from the most recent game from each NBA Playoff series utilizing Live ScoreCaster.



    Live ScoreCaster allows you to view current scores and play-by-play as well as live, updating projections from 50,000 simulations of the remaining time in each NBA game. Live ScoreCaster is totally free and available at PredictionMachine.com and for download on iTunes.

    After each NBA Playoff game we breakdown some highlights from the Live projections throughout each game. Click each matchup to view the Live ScoreCaster chart that tells the story of that game.

    Thunder vs. Clippers

    Oklahoma City scored the game's final eight points to defeat Los Angeles 105-104, the victory gives the Thunder a 3-2 series lead in the Western Conference semifinals.

    The Clippers led 101-88 with just over four minutes remaining and were 98 percent likely to win before the Thunder went on a 17-3 run to close out Game 5.

    Controversial Plays
    Thunder trailing 104-102 with 11 seconds left, Russell Westbrook stole the ball from Chris Paul; Reggie Jackson got possession and then lost the ball out of bounds as he drove the lane. Officials awarded the ball to the Thunder and after a review the play stood.

    Had the Clippers been awarded possession, Los Angeles becomes 74 percent likely to win. Instead, the Thunders' expected win probability increased from 26 percent to 43 percent.

    On the ensuing Thunder possession Chris Paul fouled Russell Westbrook as he attempted a three pointer. Westbrook made all three free throws and the Thunder became 67 percent likely to win leading 105-104. Had no foul been called, the Clippers would have been 74 percent likely to win.

    Wizards vs. Pacers

    Washington avoided elimination with a rout of Indiana in Game 5. The Wizards trail in the series 3-2 but the 102-79 victory is the first step in making the Eastern Conference semifinal interesting.

    The Wizards had just a 46 percent chance of winning entering the third quarter despite leading 45-40. Washington outscored Indiana 31-14 to start the second half and the Wizards expected win probability increased to 99 percent.

    The Wizards spent the entire fourth quarter being over 99 percent likely to win.


    Print This Article
    PREVIOUS ARTICLE
    GameChangers (05/15/14)
    NEXT ARTICLE
    GameChangers (05/13/14)
    Want More Tips and Information? Click To Register!

    COMMENTS

    SEARCH BLOGS

    ARCHIVE

    Ad

    The Predictalator

    The Predictalator is the most advanced sports forecasting software available today because it has the ability to account for all of the relevant statistical interactions of the players, coaches, officials, home field advantage and weather in each game.

    Picks for every game, including our Play Value Key and Calculator recommendations for optimal bankroll management and access to the Play Analyzer can be purchased in the Shop or by game here.

    03/27/2017 Highlight: With the start of MLB right around the corner, we can use our ResultsFinder tool to uncover some past success in baseball. April has historically been a great month for the Predictalator, as evidenced by last season's outstanding 41-22 (65.1%) record on all "normal" or better ML, RL, and O/U plays. A $50 bettor would have profited a whopping $1,002 using our recommended wager sizes in April. MLB season win totals have also been extremely fruitful in the history of this site, with the Predictalator producing an outstanding 54-19 (74.0%) record on all playable win totals.

    March Madness is winding down and it was another solid month for the Predictalator. There were a total of 69 "normal" or better college hoops positions (sides and totals) in the month of March, and the Predictalator posted a strong 42-27 (60.9%) record, generating $704 in total profits. NBA has also followed suit with "normal" or better positions winning at a 58.1% clip since the beginning of February, and at a 57.9% clip for March.

    NHL profits continue to roll right along as well, as the Predictalator has cashed in on nine of 12 "normal" or better positions in March. The Predictalator has now amassed an incredible 45-28 (61.6%) on all "normal" or better money lines, puck lines, and totals this season, totaling $499 in total profits for a ?$50 bettor.

    Check out the Shop now to learn more.

    Recommended Features

    LOGIN

    LATEST ARTICLES

    MLB Win Totals - Over/Under Picks
    We take a look at the 2017 MLB over/under team season win totals. Highlighted, "normal" or better MLB Win Total Picks are 54-19 all-time. See free picks on the Cubs, Dodgers, Phillies and more.

    Updated Bracket Odds - Final Four
    The Predictalator simulates the Final Four 50,000 times to see how likely each remaining team is to win the NCAA Tournament

    FIND US ONLINE


    SportsRadar


    All registered accounts are subject to our General Terms Of Service. Content is intended for informational purposes only. This is not a gambling website.

    FSTA Member 2015
    Home | The Predictalator | Blog | Privacy |  Media Contact |  B2B Solutions |  Sitemap |  Customer Support | 
    © 2010-2015 PredictionMachine.com, LLC. All rights reserved. | Site Designed by Randombell.com