New User? Sign Up / Forgot Your Password?
All Live
    All Live Projections

    GameChangers (04/25/14)

    John Ewing, Director of Research and Analytics, @johnewing
    By John Ewing
    A look at highlights from the most recent game from each NBA Playoff series utilizing Live ScoreCaster.

    Live ScoreCaster allows you to view current scores and play-by-play as well as live, updating projections from 50,000 simulations of the remaining time in each NBA game. Live ScoreCaster is totally free and available at and for download on iTunes.

    It's been an exciting and dramatic start to the NBA Playoffs. Here are some highlights from the Live projections throughout each game. Click each matchup to view Live ScoreCaster chart that tells the story of that game.

    Clippers vs. Warriors

    Los Angeles survived Golden State's comeback bid to take a 2-1 series lead. The victory reestablished homecourt advantage for the Clippers, but the win didn't come without some controversy.

    Trailing by as many as 18 points in the second half, Golden State rallied to make it a one-possession game with less than a minute remaining. In the closing seconds Stephen Curry forced a contested three pointer but the attempt came up short. However, Chris Paul made contact on Curry's hip but no call was made. Had a shooting foul been called, Curry, a career 89.6 percent free throw shooter, would have had a 96.9 percent chance of making at least two out of three free throws to tie the game. Curry would have had a 71.9 percent chance of making all three for the win.

    Given the high probability of making at least two out of three free throws, the game could have gone to overtime. In that scenario, the Warriors become 54 percent likely to win.

    Grizzlies vs. Thunder

    Memphis blew a big lead, Oklahoma City got a four-point play, and the Grizzlies won in overtime, business as usual.

    Memphis was 99.8 percent likely to win leading by 17 points with just under eight minutes remaining in the fourth. The Thunder went on an ensuing seven minute, 17-0 run. In a tied game with less than a minute remaining, Oklahoma City had a 49.8 percent chance of winning.

    The Grizzles countered OKC's run to take a four point lead with 30 seconds remaining, Memphis became 84.3 percent likely to win. Then Russell Westbrook converted a four-point play increasing the Thunder's expected win probability from 15.7 percent to 49.9 percent.

    Hawks vs. Pacers

    The eighth seeded Hawks took a 2-1 series lead by controlling the second half, Atlanta was the projected winner for the final 24 minutes.

    The game was sealed when Jeff Teague made an improbable fallaway three pointer to beat the shot clock in the closing minutes. The bucket gave Atlanta an 87-78 lead and made the Hawks 98 percent likely to win. One small problem though, officials missed Teague stepping out of bounds moments before the shot. Had officials made the call or had Teague's unlikely shot missed, the Pacers expected win probability increases from 2 percent to 10 percent.

    With possession, trailing by six instead of nine, the Pacers could have made it a one possession game, in that scenario Indiana's expected win probability increases to 26 percent.

    Print This Article
    GameChangers (04/26/14)
    GameChangers (04/23/14)
    Want More Tips and Information? Click To Register!





    The Predictalator

    The Predictalator is the most advanced sports forecasting software available today because it has the ability to account for all of the relevant statistical interactions of the players, coaches, officials, home field advantage and weather in each game.

    Picks for every game, including our Play Value Key and Calculator recommendations for optimal bankroll management and access to the Play Analyzer can be purchased in the Shop or by game here.

    05/10/2017 Highlight: With baseball season now into its second month, we can leverage our ResultsFinder tool to profile our season-to-date numbers. MLB sides and totals continue to remain extremely profitable despite a recent run of bad variance to start May. The Predictalator's record of 272-250 on sides and totals this season doesn't look all that impressive, but that's because the simulations have sided with underdogs more often than favorites. Through May 9, the Predictalator has generated $547 for an average $50 bettor. "Normal" or better sides, totals, and run lines (our strongest edges) are 14-10 (+$118) season-to-date.

    The NBA Playoffs continue on in the Second Round and the Predictalator has been profitable on both sides and totals in this year's postseason. Despite being just 16-19 (45.7%) ATS in the NBA Postseason, the Predictalator has generated $46 of total profit, which is a testament to our play value recommendations. Totals have been the real moneymaker in this postseason though, as all playabale totals are 19-15 (55.9%) for a solid profit of $168.

    The NHL Playoffs have featured some very tight lines posted by oddsmakers, which has led to lower volume for the Predictalator. That hasn't let to less profits though. The Predictalator has posted 10 NHL positions (ML, O/U, or PL) in May, going 8-2 (80%) on those positions for a profit of $87. It is rare to find a big edge in the NHL this late in the year, but the Predictalator continues to chip away on small edges to provide solid returns.

    Check out the Shop now to learn more.

    Recommended Features



    MLB - The So What?
    We use 50,000 simulations of the rest of the MLB season to analyze major personnel changes, including the recent injury to Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman.

    MLB Risers & Fallers - Power Rankings
    Mark Dankenbring discusses the biggest risers and fallers in our MLB Power Rankings over the course of the past week.



    All registered accounts are subject to our General Terms Of Service. Content is intended for informational purposes only. This is not a gambling website.

    FSTA Member 2015
    Home | The Predictalator | Blog | Privacy |  Media Contact |  B2B Solutions |  Sitemap |  Customer Support | 
    © 2010-2015, LLC. All rights reserved. | Site Designed by